Once you are able to get your Florida Medical Marijuana Card, you will gain access to the dispensaries for Florida medical marijuana. Florida dispensaries carry a wide variety of medical-grade cannabis products that have been laboratory tested. The staff can also assist with questions. Read about how medical marijuana can help to ease back pain.
Cannabis products are listed as edibles, tinctures, concentrates, flowers, etc. The form the product comes in is dependent upon the dispensary but they should be able to accommodate you with your recommended dosage. Florida medical marijuana physicians recommend a certain dosage for their patients depending on what ailment(s) they are trying to alleviate. For example, someone using medical marijuana for back pain would receive a different recommendation than someone using it for another serious condition.
Many dispensaries for Florida medical marijuana may also offer vaporizers that use the plant’s extracts rather than smoking it. Medical cannabis can also be used in cooking oils and other edibles that people may enjoy eating instead of smoking the flower if they prefer.
The dispensary will also be able to offer cannabis accessories like pipes, bongs, and rolling papers for those who wish to use their own smoking devices that offer the same effect as store-bought ones. Additionally, many dispensaries sell pre-rolled joints for patients’ convenience.
Florida medical marijuana physicians recommend starting with a low dosage and building it up slowly until you find the sweet spot where there is relief but not an overwhelming “high.” You can ask your physician or consult with other customers in order to get advice on what dosages work best for various conditions. Once you do find your ideal dose, you’re free to go back to any of the dispensaries for Florida medical marijuana that carry that particular strain whenever necessary. If you are interested in finding out more about how Florida medical marijuana can help you to ease back pain, contact a healthcare provider in your area today.
What Kinds of Cannabis Products Are There?
As of right now, there are a variety of different kinds of cannabis products that you can purchase from a dispensary. The below list describes what types of cannabis products you will find at a dispensary and what they do:
1) Topicals – These come in the form of lotions, salves, balms, sprays, etc., and have been used to treat conditions such as psoriasis or arthritis .
2) Tinctures – This type of product is a liquid extract made from cannabis flowers or leaves. Tinctures are usually administered under the tongue using a dropper.
3) Concentrates – An extract made from the marijuana plant with an emphasis on certain cannabinoids. These concentrates can be inhaled through vaporizers or used to create edibles.
4) Edibles – These are food items that have been infused with cannabis extract. Common examples are brownies, baked goods, candies, etc.
5) Flowers/Weed – This is simply dried marijuana buds and leaves which can be smoked through a pipe, bong, joint, etc. It also can be taken orally in the form of an edible such as a cookie or brownie.
6) Hash Oil – This type of product comes from separating cannabinoids like THC and CBD from cannabis flowers and concentrating them into a stickier oil substance which is placed on top of the weed itself before it’s rolled up for smoking purposes. You do need to be careful when smoking hash oil and make sure that it is fully evaporated before smoking. Otherwise, you will inhale harmful chemicals and compounds into your lungs that were created during the evaporation process.
7) CBD Oil – This type of oil comes from hemp and contains no THC and therefore provides all of the medical benefits with none of the psychoactive effects of marijuana or “getting high.”
8) Wax/Budder – The purest form of THC concentrate, wax looks like earwax but is vaporized in a dab rig which is essentially a modified bong. It can also be used to create edibles such as candies.
Locating Dispensaries for Florida Medical Marijuana
When you want to find a dispensary that has the types of cannabis products you like for your Florida medical marijuana card, it’s best to compare and contrast other dispensaries before deciding which one fits your needs the best. We offer a map with locations, reviews, price ratings and other helpful information about each Florida dispensary we list here on our website.